Moving Objects Databases
The project, called Databases fOr MovINg Objects tracking (DOMINO), develops a prototype database system for tracking mobile units. It is described in the overview paper below. The project is partly supported by NSF Grants 0326284, 0513736, and 0209190. For a slide presentation of the project click here.
The project is directed by Ouri Wolfson. Other participants include graduate student Damian Roqueiro (DBLP entry), Venkatakumar Srinivasen, Leon Stenneth, Fatemeh Vafaee, Mayia Arun, Lei Zhang, and research scientist Dr. Bo Xu (DBLP entry).
accordion Heading link
Moving Objects Information Management: The Database Challenge
the Proceedings of the 5th Workshop on Next Generation Information Technologies and Systems (NGITS’2002), Dan Caesarea Hotel, Caesarea, Israel, June 25-26, 2002.
- “Mobile systems location privacy: ‘MobiPriv’ a robust k anonymous system”, Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Wireless and Mobile Computing, Networking and Communications(WiMob), Niagara Falls, Canada, October 11-13, 2010, pp. 54-63.
- “Qualitative Analysis of Commercial Social Network Profiles”, Invited chapter, Handbook of Social Networks, Technologies and Applications, B. Furht(ed.), Springer, 2010.
- “Trajectory Data Reduction in Wireless Sensor Networks“, Invited paper, the inaugural issue of the International Journal of Next-Generation Computing (IJNGC), Vol. 1, No. 1, 2010.
- “Efficient and Scalable Method for Processing Top-k Spatial Boolean Queries”, Proc. of the 22nd International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), Heidelberg, Germany, June 2010.
- “Spatio-temporal Databases in Urban Transportation”, Bulletin of the Technical Committee on Data Engineering, Vol. 33 No. 2, Special Issue on Spatial and Spatial-temporal Databases, IEEE Computer Society, June 2010, pp. 18-25.
- “Uncertain Range Queries for Necklaces”, Proc. of the 11th International Conference on Mobile Data Management, Kansas City, MO, May, 2010.
- “Spatio-temporal Information in Intelligent Transportation Systems”, Proc. of the Workshop on Research Directions in Situational-aware Self-managed Proactive Computing in Wireless Adhoc Networks, Kansas City, MO, May 2010.
- “Communication Reduction for Floating Car Data based Traffic Information Systems”,
Second International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems, Applications, and Services (GEOProcessing), St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles, February 10-16, 2010.
- “Query Sentences as Semantic (Sub) Networks”,
Proc. of the 3rd IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing, Berkeley, CA, Sept. 2009, pp. 89-94.
- “A Data Model For Trip Planning in Multimodal Transportation Systems”,
Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Extending Database Technology: Advances in Database Technology, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Mar. 2009, pp. 994-1005.
- “A Query Processor for Prediction-Based Monitoring of Data Streams”,
Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Extending Database Technology: Advances in Database Technology, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, Mar. 2009, pp. 415-426.
- “Compression of Mobile Location Data”,
Encyclopedia of Database Systems, Springer, 2009, pp. 421-429.
- “Uncertainty and Trust”,
Proc. of the Dagstuhl Invitational Seminar 08421: Uncertainty Management in Information Systems, Dagstuhl, Germany, Oct. 2008.
- “Computational Transportation Science”,
Position paper, Proc. of the Workshop on Advanced Research in Geospatial Information Technologies for Transportation (GIS-T), Washington DC, Sept. 2007.
- “Randomization in Traffic Information Sharing Systems”,
Proc. of the 15th ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS 2007), Seattle WA, Nov. 2007, pp. 23-30.
- “Spatio-temporal Data Reduction with Deterministic Error Bounds”,
The VLDB Journal, 15(3), Sept. 2006, pp. 211-228.
- “Petri-Net Model and Minimum Cycle Time for Updating Moving Objects Database”,
International Journal of Computer System Science and Engineering (IJCSSE), 21(3), May 2006, pp. 207-213.
- “Randomization in Traffic Information Sharing Systems”, Proc. of the 15th ACM International Symposium on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (ACM GIS 2007), Seattle WA, Nov. 2007, pp. 23-30.
- “Evaluation Criteria for Self-Management in DBMSs”, Proc. of the International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies, Orlando, FL., July, 2007, pp. 14-20.
- “Schema Based XML Compression”, Proc. of the International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems and Web Technologies, Orlando, FL., July, 2007, pp. 1-6.
- “Processing of Data Streams with Prediction Functions”,
Proc. of Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS-39), Kauai, Hawaii, Jan. 4-7, 2006.
- “Extracting Semantic Location from Outdoor Positioning Systems”,
International Workshop on Managing Context Information and Semantics in Mobile Environments (MCISME), Nara, Japan, May 9, 2006, pp. 1-8.
- “On-Line Data Reduction and the Quality of History in Moving Objects Databases”,
Proc. of the MobiDE’06, 5th ACM International Workshop on Data Engineering for Wireless and Mobile Access, Chicago, IL., USA, June 25th, 2006, pp. 19-26.
- “Multiple-Sensor Indoor Surveillance System,”
Proceedings of The 3rd Canadian Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV’06), 2006, p. 40.
- “Counting People using Video Cameras”,
International Journal of Parallel, Emergent and Distributed Systems (IJPEDS), Taylor & Francis, vol. 22, 2007, p. 193. (A preliminary version was presented in Workshop for Multimedia and Data Mining, August, 2006.)
- “Semantic Web Techniques for Searching and Navigating Video Shots in BBC Rushes”,
TRECVID 2006 Workshop.
- “Nonmaterialized Motion Information in Transport Networks”,
Proc. of the 10th International Conference on Database Theory (ICDT’05), Edinburgh, UK, Jan. 2005. pp. 173-188.
- “Managing Uncertainty in Moving Objects Databases”,
ACM Transactions on Database Systems (TODS), 29(3), Sept. 2004, pp. 463-507.
- “A Weight-Based Map Matching Method in Moving Objects Databases (Poster paper)”,
Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM’04), Santorini Island, Greece, June 2004. pp. 437-438.
- “Applications of a Transportation Information Architecture,”
Proc. of the IEEE International Conference on Networking, Sensing, and Control (ICNSC 2004), Taipei, Taiwan, Mar. 2004.
- “CAT: Correct Answers of Continuous Queries Using Triggers, (demonstration paper)”,
Proceeding of the International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT04), Heraklion, Greece, March 2004, pp. 837-840.
- “Spatio-temporal Data Reduction with Deterministic Error Bounds“,
Proc. of the ACM DIALM-POMC Joint Workshop on Foundations of Mobile Computing, San Diego CA, Sept. 2003, pp. 33-42.
- “Time-Series Prediction with Applications to Traffic and Moving Objects Databases”
Proc. of the MobiDE’03, 3rd ACM International Workshop on Data Engineering for Wireless and MobileAccess,San Diego CA, Sept. 2003, pp. 56-60.
- “The Geometry of Uncertainty in Moving Objects Databases”,
Proceedings of the International Conference on Extending Database Technology (EDBT02), Prague, Czech Republic, March 2002. Springer LNCS 2287, pp. 233-250.
- “A Spatiotemporal Query Language for Moving Objects”
Springer Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, number 2121, Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Spatial and Temporal Databases, Los Angeles, CA, July 12-15, 2001.
- “Tracking Moving Objects Using Database Technology in DOMINO”,
Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science, number 1649, Proceedings of The Fourth Workshop on Next Generation Information Technologies and Systems (NGITS), Zikhron-Yaakov, Israel, July 1999, pp. 112-119.
- “Databases for Tracking Mobile Units in Real Time”,
Springer-Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science 1540, Proceedings of the Seventh International Conference on Database Theory (ICDT), Jerusalem, Israel, Jan. 10-12, 1999, pp. 169-186. Expanded version appears in the DAPD journal (below).
- “Updating and Querying Databases that Track Mobile Units”,
invited paper, special issue of the Distributed and Parallel Databases Journal on Mobile Data Management and Applications, 7(3), 1999, Kluwer Academic Publishers, pp. 257-287.
- “Modeling and Querying Moving Objects”,
Proceedings of the 13-th International Conf. on Data Engineering, Apr. 1997, Birmingham, UK.
- “Cost and Imprecision in Modeling the Position of Moving Objects”,
Proceedings of the 14-th International Conf. on Data Engineering, Feb. 1998, Orlando, FL.
- “Querying the Uncertain Position of Moving Objects”,
invited, appears as a chapter in the book “Temporal Databases: Research and Practice“, O. Etzion, S. Jajodia, S. Sripada, eds., Springer Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science number 1399, 1998, pp. 310-337.
- “Location Management in Moving Objects Databases”,
Proceedings of The Second International Workshop on Satellite-Based Information Services (WOSBIS’97), Budapest, Hungary, Oct .97.
- Moving objects databases in infrastructureless environments has been studied in these papers.